Threads of fellowship, discipleship and serving others weave through all of the Cathedral's ministries
St. John's Cathedral offers many opportunities for people of all ages to deepen their faith and connect with others ... through programs, informal gatherings, worship, and service.
Our Pastoral Care Team - including both lay and clergy members - visits those in the hospital or nursing homes, and offers support for persons facing particular challenges.
Yoga in the Cathedral - One Sunday afternoon a month during the program year, Cathedral members and friends spread their yoga mats on the floor of the Cathedral as they integrate breath, body, and the sacred. Led by trained yoga instructor Lisa Silvestri.
Family Dance and Potluck — Once a month (usually the first Friday), September through May, folks of all ages and dancing abilities are invited to a contra dance in the Great Hall. We begin with a potluck at 6:30pm and wrap up the dancing at 8:30pm. All dances are taught.
In addition to the age-specific ministries highlighted below, St. John's has a number of special opportunities for people of all ages to be together.
Annual Inter-generational Events:
- Sunday after Labor Day in September – Welcome Bash, after 10:30am service
- First Sunday in October – Pet Blessing, during 10:30am service
- Sunday before Thanksgiving in November – Parish Thanksgiving Dinner, after 10:30am service
- First Sunday of Advent (usually last Sunday in November) – Advent Event, after 10:30am service
- Second Sunday in December – Christmas Pageant, during 10:30am service
- First Sunday in January – Epiphany Celebration, after 10:30am service
- Night before Ash Wednesday – Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper, 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Palm Sunday – Window into Holy Week, after 10:30am service
- Sunday after Easter– Parish Easter Party & Easter Egg Hunt, after 10:30am service